As a young adult, Paul coined the following affirmation:
“Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass.”
These powerful words enabled him to hurdle the barriers, survive the setbacks, and find the right path to ultimate success of his goals. This phrase became one of the defining quotes of his life and work. During his lifetime, Paul broke records, set standards and received many honors and accolades for a life lived with purpose and a commitment to excellence.
“Citizens of the world” is a phrase often used to describe Paul and Jane Meyer. Their work to improve conditions for others around the globe received international awards. Moreover, during the half-century that his companies attained worldwide recognition, Paul was awarded honorary doctorates from five universities in America and one from a university in Scotland. Subject of at least three books, Paul was mentioned in more than 100 others and received awards and honors from more than 50 civic and business organizations worldwide. Jane Meyer accompanied Paul on his journey of achievements, and she also distinguished herself along the way.
Paul J. Meyer has been greatly honored by Baylor University for his continued service and support of the institution’s students and Christian mission. The following high honors and distinctions have been bestowed on Paul by Baylor University – a small representation of the many distinctions honoring Mr. Meyer at the institution:
- Herbert H. Reynolds Award
- R. White Meritorious Service Award
- Alumnus Honoris Causa, the highest honor bestowed upon an individual who is not an alumnus of Baylor University
- Sesquicentennial Council of 150
- Paul J. Meyer Arena at the Ferrell Center, named in honor of Paul for his transformational support of the Center.
Of the countless commendations Paul J. Meyer earned during his life, he was particularly proud of becoming an Eagle Scout within the Boy Scouts of America and being granted the highest awards for service to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Below are listed a few of his many honors, awards, and recognitions:
- Distinguished Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America
- James E. West Fellowship Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Good Shepherd Emblem, Boy Scouts of America
- National Sales Leadership Award, Houston Sales Association
- Freedoms Foundation Award, Valley Forge, Penn.
- Investor Hall of Fame for Investment Excellence
- Philanthropist of the Year, Central Texas Chapter of Fundraising Professionals
- Roaring Lambs Hall of Fame, Dallas, Texas
- Distinguished Founders Award, Haggai Institute
- The Barnabas Award, First Baptist Church of Woodway, Texas
Jane Meyer has also received several awards, recognizing her own selfless service and support of many organizations. Several representative awards to Jane Meyer reflect her wide variety of interests and contributions:
- R. White Meritorious Service Award, Baylor University
- Alumna Honoris Causa, Baylor University
- Life Member in the President’s Leadership Circle Award, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Yellow Rose of Texas, commissioned by the Governor of Texas
As the recognition of many institutions and organizations demonstrates, Paul and Jane Meyer have created a transformational legacy. They have lived out Paul’s favorite affirmation, reflecting a true fulfillment of their lifelong desire to do God’s will. Their lives are a testimony to pursuing God’s calling, as Paul said, like an athlete running a race: with a single-minded focus, so that “whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon – with the emphasis on action – must inevitably come to pass.”